Friday, April 13, 2007

would you like some cheese with that whine?

last night we were coming home late. and, of course, anna was whining.
"daddy, my legs are so tired. will you carry me to my bed?"
"and daddy, i am so thirsty. will you get me a drink?"
"and daddy. . ."
whiny, whiny, whiny.
i told her to stop whining.
"but i am not whining" in her most whiny voice yet.
so i mimicked, "but i am not whing!"
"no, mom, i am not whining"
"i am not whining" i whiningly repeated.
then she says, in a loud, extra whiny voice:
"i am NOT whining!! this is my sleepy voice."

wow, i didn't even come up with that when i was young. if i had only known...

6 comments:

mickey said...

why is it that our kids come up with the good stuff?

katie said...

Sounds all too familiar. I remember you whing like that all the time when you were little!

Unknown said...

she is a crack up!

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! Come to think of it, my sleepy voice sounds a lot like whining too.

Anonymous said...

like mother like daughter

michele said...

she is a genious!