Tuesday, October 03, 2006

my time of year






















i really love autumn. i love the colors--reds, oranges, yellows, chartruse, browns. i love the smell of fall. it's the leaves or something else naturish. i love when you wake up in the morning and jack frost has left a sprinkle of powdered sugar on your grass and car. i love going for walks and crunching throught the fallen leaves. i love raking leaves and jumping into the piles. i love when the days are cooler and you go outside and stand in the sun to warm up or you take a nap in your cool house and lay on the bed and let the sun warm you as it shines through your window. i love pumpkins and gourds. i love to make (well, sometimes, it is still cooking and we all know how i feel about cooking) soups and casseroles because it doesn't make my house unbearable. plus, the warm foods warm my body. i love the days getting shorter. i love the good new tv shows. i love the smell of the woodburning stove being used somewhere in the neighborhood--maybe even at my house. i love halloween. but not the creepy scary stuff. the fun stuff of halloween. kids, costumes, cookies, candy--especially halloween candy, popcorn balls, caramel apples, trick-or-treating, making jack-o-lanterns, costume parades at school. i love making costumes (but i don't do it every year). i love football games--mainly college, and mainly the university of utah. i even enjoy going to the games--taking along a sweater and a thermos of hot chocolate. i feel alive and happy. i really love autumn.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

those pictures are amazing and they have inspired my soul tonight. thanks for writing i love to read your postings.

Anonymous said...

very nice, liz. your love for autumn even inspires me to think more fondly of it....

Unknown said...

Fall is my favorite season too and those photos make me homesick!!! The leaves have not started changing colors here at all - I was mad about this all day today staring out the window of a conference room at miles of green leaved trees in Hackensack, NJ. I kept thinking I wouldn't be so bored if the trees had at least acknowledged it is now fall.