Saturday, December 29, 2007

quick update

*we have been in utah--me & the kids, since the 17th. and shawn, since the 21st. we were planning on going home yesterday but...

*shawn's grandpa died on thursday. the funeral is on wednesday. he was 93. he barely moved out of his house about a month ago--the house that he built about 60 or 70 years ago. he was an amazing man.

*i got a new sewing machine for christmas...but it is in eagle.

*my favorite thing said on christmas day was said by mikey when he was playing his new wii monster truck game: "holy cwap! i can't get dis baby to go."

*my other favorite thing was said by mikey when we were visiting my grandma and my aunt at the care center. he was walking behind (and somewhat stuck behind) my aunt kaffy (as he calls her) as she was pushing herself in her wheelchair into the room: "hey, move it or lose it lady."

*i love my hot pink toe nails from my pedicure i got last night with my mom, katie, annie, mickey and mandy.

*we have eaten out so much! and i have loved it!

*i miss alice!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about Shawn's grandpa. If it was Grandpa Burton, I remember him-he was a pretty funny guy. Give Shawn our condolences. Not a good thing to have happen around the Holidays. Tell Anna I am looking forward to her being the next Hannah Montana (in Anna's case it will be Mona Oklahoma). Have a safe trip back.

Mari said...

Sound like your visit was awesome.
Mikey is so cute...i love his funny sayings!

Jenny said...

Holy Cwap! That sounds just like Bwadwy. He got a twain and a twuck. Next year he should ask for a twactor.

katie said...

Sometimes I really want to tell Kathey to "move it or lose it."

natalie spratling said...

so sorry to hear about Shawn's grandpa. how fun to be in Utah though with the fam. great way to spend christmas.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry about Shawn's grandpa and I'm sorry I only got to see you once while we were both in the same state. Travel home safely and Happy New Year!!