Wednesday, September 10, 2008

oh. what do you do in the summertime

when all the world is green?
do you fish in a stream, or lazily dream on the banks as the clouds go by?
is that what you do?
so do i.

actually mine don't.

here is what my children did this summer:

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa


apparently mikey's bike needed a make-over. and didn't you know, gold is the in-color this summer.

i especially like the white racing stripes on the back.

and they were especially thoughtful in the process. they put cardboard down on the garage floor to catch the overspray. and i am impressed with the quality of the job...not a lot of extra paint on the wheels or seat. except up close i can see that they painted the seat as well. i guess it wasn't black enough for them. maybe it was a little faded.

but this was not the first time they experimented with the spray paints. our bushes out back were not just green...and the rocks...rainbow of fruit flavors.

so if you need a little painting done, i am willing to hire them out. just give us a call!

10 comments:

Tiffany said...

Can't stop giggling. Can't.

The bike looks amazing. Makes me want to paint mine gold...

natalie spratling said...

We just had our front door painted...if I knew Mikey painted I would have hired him and from the look of his bike he dose a mighty fine job. gotta love 'em.

Mari said...

His pimped out trike...too awesome! I really think he's onto something Liz!

(maybe i shouldn't have said pimped. maybe rocked or dazzled? sorry)

Barb said...

So where was Mom? ;)
Good job though Mike! If Ethan doesn't take his training wheels off soon his Dad wants to paint his bike pink and give it to Holly. Is Mikie avaible?

Unknown said...

I'm impressed. I think he did far better than I could have done.

Mare said...

I am glad that you are finally able to talk about it, cause I think it is one of the best stories of the summer (now that you aren't so mad).
Thanks for sharing it with the world... your kids are the best. I'm glad my kids could help out too! That's what I call quality time with their friends!

Leeann said...

That is so cute! They are quite creative.
I personally don't have any spraypainters at my home. We just have the beautiful scribblings on the front porch.
In sharpie marker.
Oh yeah...it won't go away.

Jeanna said...

I could make list of stuff for him to paint!<: I really do like the racing strips!

katie said...

Just one question...have you gotten rid of the spray paint yet?

Mandy said...

In my mind I really heard you singing that song! Sad I know.

Cool bike, you are a better mom them most I wouldn’t give my boys spry paint!! ?