Tuesday, September 22, 2009

baby preparation?

so i wonder if my children are trying to get me ready for the baby.

almost since we have moved here, my lovely and darling children have not slept through the night. particularly the last few nights. they aren't just getting up and shifting and getting water and going back to bed. they are getting up and staying up. for a couple hours.

i don't get it.

i don't know what to do about it.

i am frustrated.

especially because i know that in a few short months, i will have to get out of bed for a baby that really needs me.

i need to get all the sleep i can NOW!

i have thought about locking them in their rooms, handcuffing them to the bed, or drugging them, but then i don't think that is considered being a good and loving mother. which is something i think i should at least pretend to be.

we have a bedtime routine. we leave nightlights on. we say prayers...lots of them. they have bedtime snacks. and drinks. and potty time. i just can't figure out why they are still waking up in the middle of the night.

and i don't know what to do about it...any suggestions?

5 comments:

Dan said...

Growing up, I was never able to sleep properly without a good whoopin'.

Voice of Reason said...

Mogan David Wine worked for Katie.

katie said...

Jenna was drugged every night for a year or so. It didn't work. Then we had her tonsils out. She's pretty much our best sleeper now. Good luck. I know it's not fun.

And thanks to my parents who made me the alcoholic I am today.

Alyssa said...

when you find the solution let me know. I have been a bad sleeper lately too. Except I blame the nocturnal mosquito that tortures me in my sleep.

Mandy said...

Maybe if you added a little tooth brushing, ( I noticed that wasn't on your bedtime routine) it might help?? :)

PS... make it cold and theie beds worm, so they want to stay in it. It works for my boys.