Monday, April 24, 2006

indications that i really am always overheated:

  • i take cold showers. not freezing, but definately cool. and in the winter on really cold days, i may take a warm shower but i open the bathroom window a bit.
  • i dry my hair on the "cool" setting.
  • my heater, in the winter, is never set above 60 degrees. unless, of course, my in-laws come to town and think they can touch my thermostat without even asking! (at least now i won't feel like i have violated some unstated rule about touching others' themostats when they have their air set at 80 degrees in the summer in mesquite where the low in the summer time is around 100 degrees).
  • those who frequent my house always come with a sweater which they never remove and a heavy winter coat--even in the summer.
  • the heater in my car doesn't work (okay, it really does but i don't use it--except if the kids are in the car--but then i roll down my window a bit--it really all works out).
  • i am okay with where flipflops in the winter.
  • i never wear black on purpose (i have one skirt that is black to wear to church and one sweater to wear on cold winter nights when we are going somewear).
  • i am ready to turn on my air (swamp cooler) and not turn it off until october or november--we have to cover it up before the snow comes. at least that is what shawn says.
  • i don't cook (really that is for numerous reasons, not just that i don't like heat)
  • i get heat stroke in stores (they are always too warm).

so, i decided that i can no longer live this way. i am weening myself (with doctor supervision) off the effexor. i have been hot for over a year now. it has to stop. in the meantime, i suppose i will have to deal with the ups and downs. hopefully something can be done to help my depression and not make me hot. if anyone has any ideas, let me know please.

No comments: