Friday, July 07, 2006

soon to be cruisin

i have never been on a cruise before and neither has shawn. for our ten year anniversary this year he has booked us an alaskan cruise on http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruiseships/Oosterdam. i am excited but somewhat fearful. i don't know what to expect. i don't know what to wear. will i need to buy new clothes? we already ready bought new luggage (we never have purchased luggage in our ten years of marriage). but what else? something formal? i have no formal. i think i decided to have a pedicure before i go rather than on the ship. it is an alaskan cruise so will i need a jacket or coat? probably not a coat. it is in august that we are going. flip flops okay or too casual? jeans and capris okay? t-shirts okay? i need help. any suggestion? PLEASSSE let me know... as soon as possible. i need to lessen my anxiety. i want to be able to enjoy my time. so again, i ask, PLEASE help me! sincerely and desperately yours, liz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wish i could tell you, but i have no idea what is appropriate for a voyage to alaska. perhaps some sort of fur? i am very excited for you and expect LOTS of pictures on your website for the rest of us to drool over. and before i get completely caught up in being jealous of such a fun trip--congratulations on 10 years. that is so great!

Unknown said...

I think a friend of mine, her whole family and about 50 of their closest friends may be on your same cruise. . . I told her to look for you : )
Although I've never been on an Alaskan cruise, I did once take the bargain basement Baja spring break cruise (I don't recommend it) but based on that and other resort type vacations, here are my cruise packing suggestions:
1 fancy party dress (doesn't have to be formal, just something that makes you feel really dressed up)
definitely capris and flip flops and depending on the weather (you can check online) something for poolside - a big straw hat and sunglasses, lots of books; and probably a jacket, sweaters for those romantic evenings staring at the moon light from the deck!
also, people tend to dress a little nicer for dinner but not necessarily formal. My cruise had one formal evening. Otherwise just have fun, wear what is comfortable and ENJOY YOURSELF!!!! I think it sounds like a lot of fun - I can't believe you have been married 10 years!!!!