Friday, July 28, 2006

who is the real parent?

In the midst of all of the fun today, the entire day, Anna was sent to my room to sit on my bed for a time-out. When I returned to my room she was not on my bed.

I instinctly called out (not yelled, I don't yell of course)
"Where are you? Why aren't you on my bed?"
(Disobedience is not a favorite of mine.)

She jumped into the room from the bathroom and said
"I was sitting on the toilet" (the lid was down, her pants were up?)

I asked in a most serious voice "Why?"
(I don't like disobedience.)

She informed me that:
"The toilet is not as much fun as the bed. All I can to is sit. I can jump on the bed and stuff and that is fun."

Oh, silly me. Next time, Anna, you go ahead and plan your own time-out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when liz came into the family room friday night to tell us of anna's proufound statement i lauhged out loud. what a great place for time out, i know it's one of my favorite places for my "time out" from my kids, even if it only lasts for a moment.

Anonymous said...

I am dying, that is so funny. Christian likes to think of punishments for himself, too.