Monday, May 14, 2007

mother's day from my daughter

anna made a super-cute mother's day book for me for mother's day.
there are about ten pages with different little sentences and fill-in-the-blanks on each page. for example:

"if mom could have one wish come true, she would wish for..."
anna filled in "my hole house to be clean". very thoughtful and true.

"our happiest time together was when..."
anna put "we went shoping when my brother and my dad went to the monster trucks."
very thoughtful and sweet.

however, i am a bit concerned about this page:
"my mom is so smart, she even knows how to..."
her reply: "watch t.v."

huh? smart enough to watch t.v.? i guess i need to work on my intelligence image with her.

or, do you think she thinks she is smarter than i?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA! Let's make t-shirts. "I'm so smart, I can watch TV!"

We'll make millions.

Anonymous said...

cute! Thats actually nice. Better than my "how much does you mom weigh?...600 pounds- Belle" don't know whether to laugh or cry?They shouldn't be asking these types of questions to children, especially for Mothers Day!

Anonymous said...

you and granmie are the super tv watchers. once granpa sent her a dozen roses, when asked why he did that he replied "because you watch TV so good"! sorry can't afford a dozen roses..jsut glad YOU are MY daughter!

Unknown said...

maybe she thinks you watch intelligent tv . . . but really, I think Anna has learned the signature Granquist sarcasm at a young age.

katie said...

She must know that Beverly Hills 90210 makes everyone smarter. Maybe she means that you're doing smart things while you're watching t.v. Something like paying bills or doing a crossword puzzle!

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure I've never seen Liz do a cross word puzzle, Katie!! Maybe it's Jeopardy, and you get the answers right, or are you smarter than a 5th grader!

lizzie said...

i do crosswords all the time! why do you think i buy woman's world?