Monday, June 25, 2007

more details

well, we will be living in eagle, colorado. yes, that is the place of the kobe bryant scandal.
shawn and i went to find a place to live. we found a cute 4 bed 3 bath house for rent in eagle. it is a block from a new school and about 30 miles from vail. shawn will actually have a commute now--oh well.
there really is nothing in eagle except a few fast food restaurants (wendy's, bk, subway, taco bell-long john silver's--no mcdonalds!). i guess i will really have to start cooking.
there is a grocery store.
there are a few hotels.
and a few gas stations, including the "loaf'n'jug".
the closest walmart is twenty minutes away.
the closest target is thirty minutes away--in the opposite direction of walmart. really that sucks because i would like to hit both in a day.
there is, however, a costco about 7 miles out of eagle in gypsum. that is also where we will go to church.
the valley is really beautiful. i am excited and think it will be great.

7 comments:

katie said...

Where is the closest Savers?

katie said...

By the way...I'm excited for Mikey to tell me he's been to the "loaf-n-jug".

mickey said...

I can't wait to go to the "loaf-n'jug". Is that the name because you can get a loaf of bread and a jug of milk or because you can get a loaf of doughnuts and a jug of gas? I am happy for you all.

Guaglione said...

It's called the "loaf'n'jug" because you can loaf around there drinking your jug of moonshine.

Anonymous said...

"Loaf 'n' Jug" and church in a Costco? Sign me up now!

Seriously, I'm so excited for you and all the great stories that are yet to be!

Unknown said...

Watch out because if you really get to go to church at Costco, I'm afraid my dad might want to move in with you, especially if home depot is nearby.
Again, so excited for your transition and I can't wait to see photos of the new place and to visit!

Anonymous said...

Anna was so cute Sunday she seemed excited to move to Co. I am happy for you guys! I am sure you'll have many great adventures. I am jealous... I love Colorado! If I could move to any other state it would be there. Good luck with the move!