Friday, June 08, 2007

nightmare of my life

i had a terrible awful scary dream last night. i can't believe how real it felt. i was distressed. i was crying. i was having an anxiety attack in my dream. and i am still not completely convinced it was just a dream--i will have to find out today--if possible.
i dreamed that cafe rio had changed. when we first got to cafe rio, i was looking in the windows as i always do to see how long the line is. it was empty and i couldn't believe it--no one was there! not eating, not waiting in line--no one! my first thought was excitement--we wouldn't have to wait to get our food. then as we entered the first anxiety appeared. things had changed. the whole restaraunt had changed--it was a bit of an underwater theme--lots of blue with a bit of orange. i looked around and instead of there being one long line, there were two lines. we went to one of the sides with a line. shawn and i were first. i ordered a pork taco. but they told me i might not want it--it came with a mini octopus on top (this idea is from writing last night--thanks a lot people). i didn't understand and as i stood there trying to understand (very hard for me to understand a think spanish accent), more people came in--some stood in line behind me and others went to to the other line.
i couldn't grasp my mind around the octopus thing. all i wanted was a pork taco. i decided i should go to the other line and see what the other worker had to say. i left the line frustrated. the rest of my family had their orders and were eating. there food didn't look the same. someone had mexi-fries aka tater tots--gross! i didn't realize that other people had come in while i was in line all that time with the first man. i wanted so bad to go to the front of line, but no one let me. i stood in that long second line. for a long time. and i didn't get a pork taco--because of the octopus-they wouldn't put it on the side. so instead, i ended up with something else that i didn't know what it was.
i was so disappointed and sad. my family did not like the new cafe rio at all. i told the worker it was awful and he said that he had had complaints since thursday when it had all changed.
i woke feeling anxious and scared. then, i realized it must be a dream--a nightmare! but i am still not sure, so i may make a drive-by today and if all looks well, i may go in for a pork taco-minus the octopus!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

this is one of the funniest things you have written in a long time!! I love that you asked to have the octupus on the side!!!
p.s. please let me know if cafe rio changed since I can't check it for myself and that is something I look forward to every time I go home!

lemoniepants said...

sooooo, i'm free for dinner. i'd be happy to go with you.

Anonymous said...

holy crap, liz, that is so funny! i hate it when they refuse to put my octopus on the side.

that was truly a horrific nightmare. i hope you're recovering.

Mari said...

I swear I have to try this Cafe Rio place. It MUST BE good if it's causing you to have psychedelic dreams. You gave me a good laugh--
by the way... I've been thinking about that awesome party you had last year- any chance of another?