Friday, July 20, 2007

rocky mountain high?

so we are here. not quite settled. but here. and here is a bit of randomness about how it's been so far.

we arrived on sunday. our stuff came monday night.

today, friday, i finally have internet access with a computer set up.

yesterday, i had a phone line but could not find the phone. shawn found it late last night.

i get absolutely no cell phone coverage here.

i get absolutely no tv stations here. and the direct tv people screwed up so now i won't get any stations until late next week. it sucks.

i only get random radio stations at random times. (i did get ksl nightside in the other night).

we have had an afternoon or evening thunderstorm EVERYDAY and i love it. the kids and i sit out on the porch and count the time between lightening strikes and thunder. love it.

i have made dinner every night this week (except maybe tonight we will eat out--i have to go to the walmart in avon).

michael is deathly afraid of "mosses" (moths).

the kids have made new friends with kids next door--a boy who is 7 and a girl who is 5. it's been great.

really, it has been great so far. just a few minor breakdowns from me because i felt i was cut off from the world. but hopefully with the phone and the internet things will get better. and i LOVE the afternoon thunderstorms even though there was a mudslide yesterday afternoon and it took shawn two freakin' hours to get home and i had no idea what was going on. all i knew was that he was going to leave about 4:30 and he got home about 7:30 (he stayed at work until 5:30 because he heard the traffic was bad--he did not know why either). and since i have no cell phone service, he could not get a hold of me to let me know where he was and what was going on.

but i still love the thunderstorms.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

how remote is this place? did you travel back in time? no cell phones, no tv, no directv and very little radio - how did you get KSL and did you hear Ethan??
So many questions.
Glad to know you are alive and well and getting settled in. I admit I was a little sad I never heard back after leaving a voicemail 5 days ago. . . but happy to hear it wasn't personal. Can't wait to hear more - and see some photos of the new place.

katie said...

ummmm.....I've tried to call you about 3 times every day since you moved. I'll be waiting for my call with your new phone number. We'll be there sometime sunday afternoon. Can't wait to see what you make us all for dinner.

Tiffany said...

Yay! I've been waiting all week for an update! I'm jealous of the thunderstorms. I love them too. I'm sorry about the cell phone service, that would make me a bit nutty too (not to mention no TV).

Can't wait to hear more. (Plus, I'm dying for pictures of the Loaf-n-Jug!

mickey said...

Thanks for the blog. It is great to hear of your adventures via your blog. Your phone call meant so mucn, thanks for calling! I wish I could be there with you and enjoy the thunderstorms. Nice.

Anonymous said...

I could live here...everyone should come to visit! It's perfect!!!

Anonymous said...

I wish I was there. I went to Silverton and all around the area when I was younger. I LOVED it!
I recall it raining every day we were there-- but still beautiful.
Good to hear you are getting settled! Def post more pictures!