Monday, August 27, 2007

my dad







my dad turned 60 years old on saturday.

my dad is a pretty funny guy. you can always expect a to laugh around him, even in sad and troubled times. he believes that laughter is the best medicine.

my dad is excellent at practical jokes. if you have ever been tricked or think you have been tricked, you can blame it on my dad.

my dad is smart. he will kill you at jeopardy. so don't even play with him.

my dad is empathetic. he will always give someone the benefit of the doubt. he is never quick to judge.

my dad is a great grandpa. he calls the kids almost everyday to talk and see how they are doing. he loves them.

my dad loves me. and i have always known that my dad loves me. and for a girl growing up this is probably one of the greatest things to know.

thanks dad, i love you. happy birthday!

5 comments:

katie said...

very nice....and, don't ever play trivial pursuit when he's near the room. He likes to blurt out all the answers. And even though he's a great grandpa, he's still the "world's worst babysitter". Glad to see you made it home.

Leeann said...

you are very lucky! and he doesn't look any where close to 60!

Anonymous said...

he is awesome-
what a nice tribute

Unknown said...

I love your dad - he has a sarcastic remark for everything. Happy Birthday to your great dad!

mickey said...

dito to all who have commented thus far.

the one thing that i will never forget about your dad is when he told me i'd be a pregnant truck driver some day. i wish i had a truck i could drive up in front of thier house and get out--wouldn't he just die laughing, not that i want him to die. i just love his candor.