Thursday, February 15, 2007

Valentine's Day--family style!



i love valentine's day. i think i really started loving it 12 years ago when i had the BEST valentine date EVER! (that story will be for another post, another day).



yesterday we had lots of fun. the kids and i set up this great dinner for shawn. anna did all the decorating. she gathered things left over from my party (thanks tiff for a great write-up).


she did a good job. they both helped set the table and, of course, anna had to pull out the fancy glasses. we had ravioli, caesar salad and garlic bread. with chocolate cake for dessert. and a sparkiling apple cider beveridge (compliments of shawn). all by candlelight.









the flowers are also compliments of shawn. the yellow roses are mine and the daisys and carnations are anna's (he is spoiling her early in life on valentine's day)






6 comments:

mickey said...

I love the pictures Liz! it is so fun to see what you described to me just 20 minutes ago.

Unknown said...

sounds fun! I thought of you during the Today Show yesterday when they were talking about the meaning of different flowers - they said never give yellow roses because they mean "just friends". Yellow roses always make me think of you and I know Shaun likes you a bit more than just friends, so clearly they don't know what they are talking about.

katie said...

Can we be invited to your dinner next year? All my kids and Mike got was crockpot lasagna. I don't recommend it at all. By the way...I enjoy the blog. But poor Rachel! She has a lot of naughty write ups!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I have you to thank for helping me see the good in V-Day. Well, you and my dear husband. In different ways, of course. I'm digressing here...

michele said...

that's cute liz. we went to dinner at greek souvlaki...is that romantic (it has a light up menu)?

Unknown said...

Michele, light up menus are ALWAYS romantic!