Tuesday, January 27, 2009

a quest for some optimism in january

redeeming facts about january...

*excellent tv...jack bauer, biggest loser, american idol, psych, monk, the bachelor, etc...i know it seems like a lot of tv but when it is too stinkin' cold to go outside and do anything else...

*it's only one month of the year and it's first, so it's out of the way.

*kids are back in school.

*elk are around in abundance. i think they are beautiful in their herds, all nestled down in the snow.

*hot meals...when i do cook, which i have been doing lately.

(at this point, i am really trying to stay positive. i can think of a hundred things i hate about january but that defeats the purpose of this post)

*fresh snow

okay, i'm done. and i don't think this exercise helped at all. ugh. can you share any positivity with me?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

best thing about january...in 4 days it's OVER. then it's on to feb which is soooooo much better because of the pink. it's still cold, but at least everything is pink and chocolate!

Unknown said...

I wish I could share Emily's optimism for February but . . . I may hate that month more than January. But here is something positive about January: there are two hoildays. New Year's Day and Martin Luther King Day. Also, since it is cold and miserable, no one thinks you are lazy if you decide to be a hermit. You can blame everything on the cold. Not so in June. Also, although it is barely perceptible, every day in January has a bit more sunlight than the day before since we are post winter solstice.
I think that is all the love I can muster for January. Please send positive ideas my way for February soon. I have really started to hate that month: still cold and everyone raving about how great love is. Awesome for me. Oh, and to end on a positive note, I love snowboarding. Went once in January and I will be going this Saturday as well.

Mari said...

No optimism from me. Sorry. I hate January. Thank goodness Feb is a few short days away!

Goodluck in your quest.

katie said...

1. good sales
2. 2 extra days off for mike
3. tax return...but only if you don't owe. (yes, theyre done!)

does any of that make you feel better?

michele said...

chinese new year?

Annie said...

2 weeks and three days...silly me. i'd like to skip those three days!

oh, the days are getting longer, light wise. that is a good thing about january!

Mandy said...

It's a fine month for CLEANING. After you put your Christmas away your house always seams so BIG so it makes it more fun to clean and get rid of all the extra stuff you have.

And I would agree with Katie TAX money is great! (we are done as well.)

Anonymous said...

not ONE positive thing from me..well, maybe it does stay a little lighter at night..but not much! so there...what are you cooking these days? mom