Wednesday, January 07, 2009

what a good mom am i

i told anna monday to let her teacher know that i could help out with the field trip if needed. i tend to wait until the last minute to volunteer--intentionally or unintentionally, i don't know (you see, if you wait until the last minute your chances of actually helping are slim because most people are on top of things but i don't really do all of this on purpose...i am a great procrastinator). anyway, the teacher called to see if i could help out. sure.
well, this field trip was to sylvan lake state park. an outdoor field trip. in the middle of january. with 500 feet of snow. in 20 degree temperatures. for five hours. and it snowed. and i did it.
with my four layers of clothes (not including my long underwear). my coat, my gloves, my boots, my hat with neck gator, and my snow shoes. tromping around sylvan lake. standing the whole day. because i was afraid if i sat down i wouldn't be able to get back up (due to the snow shoes, of course)--and i was right. i couldn't get back up when i fell. the instructor guy had to help me up. quite embarrassing. but i survived. barely.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

ahem, where are the photos? I would like proof please. And welcome back, I've missed you terribly.

Mare said...

At least I heard the instructor was cute right? Righto = glad you are back.

michele said...

way to go liz! you should be proud of yourself!

Mari said...

I bet Anna will remember the trip forever! I send Dan in my place on all of the girls field trips. I don't enjoy them as much as I should. Do you have pictures?

Annie said...

seriously, a photo or two would be nice! so proud though!

katie said...

i too would appreciate pictures. glad you're still alive.