Wednesday, November 04, 2009

reduction of force

that's what they called it when they laid shawn off yesterday.

oh well.

it sucks.

but what can you do?

i have been brainstorming now that i'm all cried out.

here are a few of my ideas...

*switch to margarine instead of yummy, yummy butter. it's quite a bit cheaper. but i don't know if it would be worth it...

*get double use of clothing by wearing everything twice or three times before washing...including underwear (you can wear it twice by turning in inside-out the next day).

*shower in the dark.

*air dry all hair...so please don't ask if i did my hair or anna's hair when you see us.

*eat leftovers...i know some of you already do and you still have your jobs but this will be new to us.

*darn our socks.

*dress extra warm this winter...although i already keep my heat pretty low, don't know how much this will help.

*don't go anywhere...save on gas. home is best anyway.

*save all of tucker and alice's hair and weave it into sweaters.


just a few ideas. more are welcome, please.

and if he still doesn't have a job in a few months, does anyone know how to do a home delivery. i just don't think i could deliver my own baby. yours, maybe. but not my own.

one more thing, if anyone has any extra prozac, please, pass it my way, please? i might need it in a month or two when my supply runs out.


really, we will be fine. i know we will. let's hope.

14 comments:

Ben and Sarah said...

Liz, I'm so sorry! I know words don't help much right now, but please know, that you guys are in my prayers. You've been good friends to us and if we can help please let me know.

Tiffany said...

I am so very, very sorry. Good things will come, I'm sure of it. Hugs from far away!

michele said...

sorry. that sucks. mickey could probably deliver your baby. or if not i might have some connections. we'll be thinking of you.

Mandy said...

Oh man, Shawn could go back to school and you could live off of student loans like we do. Plus with medicaid you don't have to pay for any of the delivery so that's a bonus. If that dosen't work out though, I was born at home I'm sure my mom can give you some tips and/or deliver the baby for you!

Love you.

annie said...

i'm pretty sure i gave you my suggestion and you shot it down...way down! but, if you change your mind, we have some extra paint in our garage. you could do each wall in the living room a different color. kathy's never going back anyway, she'd never know!

Dan said...

There's always the one sheet per flush rule...

Alyssa said...

I'm so sorry Liz. Let me know if you need anything. Except for the part about delivering your baby. I'm pretty sure I would not be helpful in that area.
You can ask my dad for his cheap dinner recipe but I will warn you, I am pretty sure it is the reason I cannot eat hamburger to this day (beans and ground beef and brown sugar? BLECH!).

Mare said...

Sour cream containers

lemoniepants said...

so sorry! i've been RIF'd before. it stinks. maybe shawn and i can look for a job together!

katie said...

Sale all of your stuff to Mickey and then move to 90th south.
Good things will come. And really, Mickey could rub your fundus for you if Dr. Curtis would deliver for free. You wouldn't even need a nurse.

Kelsey said...

I couldn't believe it when Cherae called me...I love your sense of humor and I truly believe that will save you through the whole process! And come on Liz, you were always there for me to check me and deliver me, why don't you have enough confidence in yourself!

Leeann said...

Hey Liz...Mickey called me and told me what happened. It happened to Josh last month, so I know exactly what you are going through.
All I can tell you is that you will get through it and you will be stronger in the end. I promise. And one day you will look back and know "why", because it will have opened you up to opportunities that you would have otherwised missed.
Good luck, God bless and I will totally sign up to help Mickey with the wee one's birth! I'm not done with school yet, but experience has gotta count for something, right? ;)

mickey said...

So here I am to offically offer my services to not only be your doula free of charge, but to deliver your sweet lil' bundle of joy. Leeann will be a great nurse and just remember to have a clean pair of shoe laces around the house.
Only one requirement....her name shall be called "mickey" what more could I ask? "Michalina Marie Burton" has a real nice ring to it.

p.s. i am so sorry for the raw deal. i love you guys will all my heart.

Voice of Reason said...
This comment has been removed by the author.