Sunday, November 22, 2009

in honor of his 35th birthday...

things i love about shawn...

1. his smile. i fell in love with it the first night out in that bowling alley in enoch, utah. i tried to get him to dance after every strike but he only smiled. it was good enough for me.

2. his quiet nature. it is such a calming influence on me. and we all know that calmness is what i need regularly.

3. his humor. he is quite funny. but you have to really be listening to hear it...beacause of #2.

4. his thoughtfulness. a text here, a note there. he loves me, i know.

5. his energy. he is ALWAYS doing something. used to drive me nuts, now i appreciate it.

6. he works hard. always.

7. his loyalty. to me. i would have left me a long time ago.

8. he is a great dad! a better dad than i am mom. he lets the kidlets help him in the kitchen, yard, garage, where ever he is. i prefer to do it myself. the kids love being with him.

9. his creativity. he serves the kids mac & cheese in wine glasses and lights candles for a special dinner night for them.

10. his willingness to do anything for our family. he even applied for a job at byu...his dad gave him the okay as long as he doesn't start cheering for them.

11. his laugh...his outloud, belly laugh. it doesn't happen very often (again, see #2) but when he is with his brothers...

12. his driving skills. i know i often make fun of his "grandpa" style of driving, but i know we will always be safe.

13. his love.

happy birthday, shawn! i love you...

5 comments:

Mare said...

Happy Birthday Shawn - We love and miss you! Hoping you find a job back here!

colliganclan said...

I don't know why, but that made me tear up! You are both lucky to have each other and an amazing family! Happy Birthday Shawn!

katie said...

BYU, really? John and Bev woul dbe so proud! Happy Birthday. Hope you liked your double double!

Really Wild West Mama said...

Happy Birthday Shawn! This WHOLE family thinks you're AWESOME!!

ronnie said...

shawn we also love and appreciate you..the fact that you love liz and my grandkidlets...thats good enough for me!! you ARE GREAT!!! thansk for all you do! GO BYU!!!