Tuesday, August 22, 2006

pictures of far, far away




did you know that darth vader lives in victoria canada and plays the violin on the streets? well, actually he doesn't really play any songs or tunes or anything. he just kind of moves the bow along the strings and such.
















if i would have been with shawn when he saw this, i so would have been on it. it is the "ketchikan wal-mart free shuttle".











shawn's appetizer of fresh from the garden snails. barf-o-rama. he ate them all. i tell him it doesn't make him a hero or anything.











the sun decided to come out as it was going down. so pretty. and peaceful.











the room stewards are amazing! they seem to always know when you are out and when your bed needs to be made (even after a nap). they turn your blankets down, lay a chocolate out, and fold these so cute towel animals. shawn went to the towel-folding demonstration on the last day. so, if anyone wants a folded towel animal on your bed, just give him a call.







whale watching in juneau. it was so exciting to watch whales...really we saw a lot. but it was difficult to get a good picture. oh well.











S.O.S.
this is our mandatory life saving drill. women (and children) in front, men in back.











Mr. Black Bear who, at one point, was within arm's stretch of us. He was looking for some food there in the river. wow.










Beautiful Ketchikan, Alaska

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey i really felt like i was on your cruise too! you are a wonderful story-teller. thanks for taking me to alaska. i love your pictures, that sun set is to die for. could you make me a really big enlargement for my bedroom window? {then i would always have that calm relaxing and even romantic feeling to fall back on.} thanks liz.

Unknown said...

I am SO jealous about the whale watching. I went in Oregon and didn't see so much as a tail flip. I think I need to add this to my list of places I need to see. . . LOVE the sunset too. And the bed looks very romantic.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Can't wait to see more! Do you think if I show the Vader picture to my kids, they will want to take violin lessons?