Wednesday, September 12, 2007

100 random things about nothings (maybe 100--we'll see

1. it was 35 degrees outside yesterday morning when i walked to kids to school.
2. the house was 46.
3. we left the windows open.
4. i loved it.
5. not good for the kids--made them super whiney.
6. and there was frost on the grass.
7. today was a little warmer--10 degrees warmer.
8. shawn turned on the furnace last night.
9. i was not happy.
10. i turned it off.
11. in the last two days, i have helped to can peaches and applesauce.
12. michael is one of about five students who are half-day kindergartners.
13. and there are four kindergarten classes.
14. and it costs $250 a month for full day.
15. i found out they are doing core curriculum in the afternoon.
16. stuff that is required that michael learn.
17. i am very frustrated and angry.
18. i have a meeting with the principal tomorrow.
19. my first time EVER.
20. i am scared--to defend my decision to keep him half-day.
21. shawn has to work.
22. so i have to go alone.
23. anna is having culture shock.
24. she believes (and i think she is right--but doesn't matter) that her teacher doesn't go to church. she is "doing things heavenly father wouldn't like" like she has tattoos and she thinks she drinks coffee--but then again "i guess it could be hot chocolate".
25. some of the girls at school dress immodestly. and a lot of the boys have long hair.
26. poor thing.
27. i found a great bike at the thrifty shoppe for anna. it is a normally $200 or so bike and i got it for $6.
28. i am really hungry but i don't know what to eat.
29. i should take a shower.
30. it requires a lot of energy.
31. shawn has been working later lately.
32. and it takes him an hour to get home. because he has to walk to my car. go to blockbuster and or the library. and then drive. sometimes he stops to get a drink. 33. a whole freakin' hour.
34. it used to be five minutes, seven if he hit the light.
35. he drives my car to save on gas.
36. i don't like driving the truck.
37. it is really messy right now.
38. i have to clean my house for my family.
39. they are coming on friday.
40. stake conference is this weekend.
41. it is four hours away.
42. they suggest you get a hotel.
43. i don't think we will go because my family is coming.
44. i have a lot of cleaning to do.
45. ugh.
46. i have a quilt i have to finish soon.
47. the people that moved into my house after us, killed my beautiful flowers.
48. dead.
49. rotten people.
50. michael is watching sponge bob again.
51. anna rode her bike to school today for the first time.
52. it's the thing to do.
53. mikey rode his scooter.
54. it's the other thing to do.
55. i walked and couldn't keep up.
56. anna wants to come home by herself.
57. i won't let her.
58. anna heard that vanessa from high school musical took naked pictures of herself and put them on the internet.
59. vanessa is no longer anna's second favorite person from high school musical.
60. i don't know who is.
61. it's almost time for 90210.
62. i am trying to quit.
63. really.
64. i am in the mood for some really great cake.
65. but not chocolate.
66. pound cake or lemon or something like that.
67. i am really nervous about the meeting with the principal.
68. i just want what's best for mikey.
69. they looked so cute on their bike and scooter this morning. with their backpacks and helmets.
70. i love that it is fall time.
71. my favorite season.
72. last night and the night before i went to bed and was asleep by nine o'clock.
73. getting up at 630 is killing me.
74. i really wish school started at nine instead of 750.
75. but the kids have been going to bed earlier.
76. there is a commercial here for the "denver school of massage therapy." but during the commercial there is a picture of some pamphlets that say "ucmt" utah college of massage therapy.
77. a news reporter was telling a story on cancun. but called cancun "concun".
78. like how some people say olta instead of alta or nevoda instead of nevada.
79. it bugs me.
80. 90210 is officially on.
81. and i have 19 more to go.
82. i think that 99% of the moms here are super skinny.
83. no fatties like me.
84. oh well.
85. i think i would like to take a nap today.
86. but i did get 9 and a half hours of sleep last night.
87. so i guess i will clean.
88. after 90210 of course.
89. both back to back episodes.
90. maybe i will clean during the commercials.
91. hah!
92. my fingers are getting tired.
93. and cold.
94. since i did turn the furnace off and open the windows.
95. i think i might make fettucine for dinner.
96. i love comfort foods.
97. i wonder if i will get some mail today.
98. will it be worth going over to the post office?
99. there wasn't any yesterday.
100. i should only go every other day.

5 comments:

Raimi said...

Fun to read! Can you please email me your new address? I can't wait for the cold weather to arrive. It usually comes arounf Halloween & I don't want to wait that long! Enjoy the family this weekend.

Raimi

Anonymous said...

Sooooo fun to read! I'm dying over Anna's culture shock. Sort of like when I found out Ronald Reagan wasn't a Mormon. Scary.

Good luck at your meeting with the principal. Be the mama bear--there's hidden courage there. That's ridiculous if they don't offer the core courses to the half-day kids. Duh.

I hope it was a really great episode of 90210. Both of them. :)

Unknown said...

1. don't give up on 90210, I think it is nostalgic therapy of some sort.
2. at least it makes me laugh, which is therapeutic
3. I'm proud of you for COOKING!
4. I think a 4 hour drive and the encouragement of getting a hotel means skipping stake conference is okay, but I think I'm now "less active" so probably not the best one to turn to for advice.
5. I have decided to go to church Sunday because I heard if you go once a month you are considered still active.
6. Tiff is right. You need to stick up for Mikey and his right to full kindergarten during half day. That is ridiculous to penalize him (and the other kids). Let me know if you need me to help you write a stern letter.
7. I like Anna's culture shock, I think that can become a weekly update. Please tell the 1 finger tank top story, that really cracked me up for some reason.
8. you are NOT a fatty. You need to shout about how you have lost 30 POUNDS! That is significant progress. Keep it up.
9. I will end my obnoxiously long comment
10. now that I have hit 10% of your post :)

Anonymous said...

I love you Lizzie Mcguire(?)

Leeann said...

No wonder Moms are tired! This is what goes on in their heads all day long! First of all...what's up with the kindergarten? Paying for all day? $250 a month? That's not kindergarten...that's daycare!!! You need to blog the principal meeting. I really want to know how that goes. Ridiculous. I couldn't afford that. And teaching core things when only the "paying" students are there. "No Child Left Behind" my butt!