Thursday, September 06, 2007

tales of loneliness

i hate the kids being in school. i never thought i would say that. but the morning is sooo long and lonesome. i wish they were here. mikey comes home at 1130. i have had the thought to hold him back one more year just so that i am not so lonely. but that wouldn't be fair.

i have no friends here. i so much miss my friends. i want to be able to be with them and do nothing or something or nothing. just to be close. to go and hang out at someone else's home.

my family is leaving tomorrow for the annual family vacation. and we are not going. and i am so sad. i can't stop crying. i want to go and play and have fun and make good memories. but shawn can't get work off and i don't want to drive that far by myself. lame.

today is dark and rainy and gloomy. today i feel really alone.

ps i think my house was just almost struck by lightening.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be there to hang out with you on your rainy, gloomy day. I miss you. Go do something nice for yourself. Perhaps a pedicure? But do not try golfing today. Not with the lightning. Try that another day.

Unknown said...

I completely understand. It is hardest to be far away when you are missing family stuff. You can always come hang out at my place . . . oh, wait I'm even further away. The phone and email work too, you can call me anytime you are lonely : )

lemoniepants said...

liz,
if you were here i'd invite you over to play with my kids. then we'd call michele to come over for bean-crisps.

maybe anna or mikey will get a cold and have to stay home tomorrow...

michele said...

we miss you too liz. i kind of understand. i don't live very far away from friends, but i still don't hang out with anyone. mmm bean crisps sound good.

katie said...

Now I feel guilty. But just think...you'll get to see us in a week. After a few days I'm sure you'll be craving the peace and quiet again. See you soon.

Anonymous said...

i miss you hanging out at our place, tooo! REALLY..what about bean crisps? you'll have to make us some, SOON! sounds like they are something my body really needs! while the kids are away, you can develope your relationship with Alice..go for it...CAts are sometimes the best friends ever. Oh by the way, 'Eddie Munster' has already moved! just enough time to KILL your beautiful flowers. see you soon!

Anonymous said...

wow, we must be "kindred spirits" whatever the heck that means. lonliness sucks. it's one of those things not even food can help.
sorry to hear your down---

Leeann said...

I long to feel your pain. With 4 kids aged 6 and under, I feel as if my home will never be empty. Just for a few hours. Ahhh. It will be so nice.

For the first day. Then I think I would cry, too.

And, something to fill your time with: TAG! YOU ARE IT! SEE MY BLOG POSTED 09/06/07

Raimi said...

Hop on a plane & come to California! Bring your scrapbook stuff & we can go hang out @ Green Tangerines & John can watch all of our kids! I'm serious :). Hang in there. Miss you!

Raimi

Anonymous said...

I thought food cured everything...now you tell me, too late!!! Hang in there Liz, we'll see you soon. And in October. You could de-junk, or organize, or just clean:) Sounds like loads of fun, I know! You have lots of time to develop your talents!! I expect to see lots of scrapbook pages!

mickey said...

you really have some fantastic friends. i know it sucks having them so far away. i miss you so much. i am so glad you called, you are my "boosm friend."