Tuesday, June 17, 2008

sweetwater lake



seriously, even when he is so dirty he looks like that he could be my little black baby (check out his legs), he is the cutest ever.

we went camping over the weekend to sweetwater, a place just about an hour away. the highlights:

*my camera died after the first picture i took (which turned out blurry). so, i have no pictures. this one came from loren who came with us and who shawn works with.

*ticks were EVERYWHERE...thankfully none embedded.

*those who went: us, the federicos, the mcclurgs, the becerras, and loren & mary. all people shawn works with...19 of us all together--9 kids, 10 adults.

*we rented a canoe & a row boat and went out onto the lake...sweetwater lake. absolutely beautiful (mad that i didn't have batteries for my camera). i was a bit nervous for it my first time in a canoe. shawn, tucker and i went out. next time we will leave tucker at shore. he rocked the boat a little too much, especially when he tried to paddle along.

*shawn's dutch oven cooking was a hit! sprite pork ribs and coke chicken--yummy!

*as the picture indicates above, this was seriously the dirtiest camp ground EVER! a fine, black dust covered everything.

*loren tells great campfire riddles...

*our tent: the super 8

*the federicos tent: the four seasons

we really had a great time. i forgot how much works goes into camping. and cleaning up after. but all in all, we had a great time. and i now have a charged camera battery for my trip to utah!

9 comments:

katie said...

I owuld have loved to see you, shawn, and tucker in a canoe. Probably a lot like Ryan on the Portneuf. And yes, Mikey was black. Cute little black boy.

Anonymous said...

katie, is that politically correct? plllluease! now you know why dad and i always stay is Price (the only closet town with a motel) when we'd go starpoint! i love a toilet and a tub! be careful coming to Utah!

Leeann said...

I cannot wait for our camping trip! I wish we had canoes on ours! That sounds like so much fun!

Mandy said...

You are much braver then me!! I'm not a tent camper, I NEED a trailer will walls, toilet, shower and a nice bed.
Like 5 star camping.

Mari said...

I bet thats smores AND dirt on Mikey's face. He is so cute, big blue eyes, dirt and all! I have to get Shawn's recipes. maybe you could email them to me ifyou get a second. Looks likeyou guys had an awesome time!

Mare said...

I can't believe how black Mikey's legs and feet are!! You said he was covered, but this certainly defines it! Looks like you had a great time.. Tucker in a boat... hmmm never with me!

hovergirl said...

I can't believe how much that pup has grown. Sounds like a great trip Liz. So glad you're doing well.

Jenny said...

Fun trip. Some of my best childhood memories are from camping with my family.

Really Wild West Mama said...

Liz,

We MISS you guys! You are smart getting some practice camping! I'm just hoping like crazy we don' have to WALK to Jackson County! I can't even "lift", let alone "walk" with my 72 hr. pack! In fact, I fell over backwards when I tried to put it on!!

I too, NEED walls, a potty, and at least a sink! We are soooo spoiled! (Maybe I should just say I am!)

LOVE your blog!!!!