Monday, December 07, 2009

oh, what can you do for a couple of bucks?

 
Posted by Picasa


so i got these gingerbread houses last year on christmas eve at costco for a couple of bucks. who knew they would last an entire year...and not one broken piece of gingerbread or candy. and the icing worked great. except the green but we didn't need that.

we pulled them out for some sunday night fun.

and they did have fun.

and it didn't matter that the kits were a year old. the kids couldn't taste the difference.

and i don't think tucker cared. he just liked being in the middle of it all.

gingerbread houses: $4
eating year-old candy: priceless

7 comments:

annie said...

its really too bad that the gypsum costco is so far now:( maybe maryann could go everyday for you!

i think tucker was just waiting and waiting!

Alyssa said...

a few years ago (when I was living in SLC) I made a gingerbread house (the graham cracker kind) and candy kept disappearing. After accusing one of Erin's friends of stealing the candy, we discovered that the cinnamon candy path to the door had been licked. By Malcolm. I really wish I had a secret video of him pilfering candy off that house because I am sure he thought he was being so sneaky.

natalie spratling said...

Oh I love to find a bargin and to actually use it. I love seeing how big your kids are getting. Enjoy the holidays.

katie said...

I could really use a trip to the gypsum costco right now. Glad Anna's wearing her robe. Sure your house is freezing!

Mandy said...

I bet you won't ever forget those year old houses! Remember the boxes of candy for what was it $1?

Mare said...

who needs what from Costco? I'm there - But you'll have to come see me to pick up all your stuff! It's true, there's just no other Costco like this one!

mickey said...

yummy. you know i wouldn't touch that candy, glad you guys liked it!