Thursday, July 07, 2005

i'm back, i think

i haven't been much inspired lately. sometimes it is just easier to be depressed. however, summer seems to keep me busy. personally, i prefer to be a not-busy person and that is usually what i am. but for some reason this summer...

this afternoon has been rather good. i haven't really done anything. nothing. i did watch the last half of the family feud a particularly stupid game show. but i was entertained and did nothing. a favorite activity of mine. i wonder what i will do tonight. i hope nothing. but shawn, the husband and father of my children, is quite opposite me. if he isn't doing anything, he isn't happy. it is good for him. it is mostly good for me. you see, things get done. lots of things. but sometimes i just want him to do nothing with me. he complained last winter because he never got to watch one football game in its entirety (he isn't really a fan anyway--he just likes sports). what he didn't realize was that it was his own fault. he would sit down and relax for a minute then realize there was something he wanted to do. he got up and did it. don't try to blame me or the kids, honey. it is just who you are. and i do love you. but maybe tonite you could sit with me and watch king of queens and laugh out loud with me. it feels really good.

No comments: