Friday, May 26, 2006

summer: cons and pros

cons:
  • hot, hot, hot
  • road construction EVERYWHERE
  • hot (did i mention that?)
  • sand from the sandbox in my house--EVERYWHERE
  • weeds
  • hot nights
  • going to mesquite to visit in-laws where at midnight it is still 100 degrees and the wind blows and it feels like a giant hair dryer in your face
  • road construction
  • shawn tends to be stinkier on summer nights
  • it's too hot to cook (really, it is)
  • the swamper doesn't work well on rainy humid days
  • running the dryer makes it all hotter
  • kids are dirtier
  • heat gives me headaches
  • i am lazier (if that is possible)
  • when it's hot, i am grumpier

pros:

  • august 14th
  • flowers
  • yardwork (in the morning shade or evening shade)
  • sun shines more (i don't really need my blue light in the summer)--longer days
  • kids can play outside all day and not get bored
  • plays, movies, concerts at the ampitheater or park
  • camping
  • laying on the hot cement and soaking in the sun after running in the sprinklers (a good memory from my childhood--i don't think people would like to see me running around in the sprinklers these days)
  • fresh tomatoes from the garden eaten right off the vine--YUMMY
  • bbq's
  • summer thunderstorms
  • tin-foil dinners
  • flip-flops (in my day they were thongs--i don't do thongs of today(ouch))
  • no school
  • lazy days
  • walking in the grass barefoot (it releases the poisons)

i have been making this list in my head the last couple of days. i am trying to fit optimism into my daily thought routine. i thought that focusing on my likes of the summer would help. it did. but i did have to make my list of dislikes. it's all therapy for me. i guess all in all summer ain't too bad. it also helps now that i am almost off the effexor. my core temperature is coming down. it almost feels good again. i am almost looking forward to the summer. we will see. i have one more week of effexor 37.5 mg. then will be the tell-all. i am a bit scared. i still get massive headaches randomly. and i randomly have shocks that feel like my phone on vibrate throughout my body--they don't hurt but they do startle me. and probably at least once a week i feel like i have the flu. hopefully it will all go away soon enough. it is worth trying.

anyway, happy summer!

No comments: