Thursday, October 18, 2007

10 things i love about my kitchen and dining room




1. my window from my entry way to my dining room. this is from some old house somewhere (thanks amber) and shawn hung it from the opening there. i love that you can peek into my dining room.






2. my little chicks from my mom that sit in a little corner window. i am always hoping to hear them cluck.






3. my chalkboard (thanks tiff for the idea). i especially love when shawn puts something on it. one night i was out and when i got back home, shawn had made a "fancy" dinner for the kids. macaroni in wine glasses, candlelight, the whole nine yards. he even wrote the "menu" on the chalkboard. it was so cute. i have a great husband.






4. mrs. meyer's clean day countertop spray in lemon verbena scent. yum (again, thanks tiff).





5. my old spice cans from my great grandma. they still have spices in them, if you need to spice up your life. ha ha.







6. i love my potrack with bonus lighting for over the sink! we looked everywhere for one and found this one at costco (love costco). shawn put it up and voila! we have created more cupboard space.





7. i love my shiny sink! thanks to fly lady for teaching me how to keep a shiny sink. the sink in our old house was white porcelain and it was really beat up. but our new sink can shine!





8. my trusty stool. i love it because it is very sturdy and can hold someone like me. i tend to be a bit short with even shorter arms, so the stool comes in very handy for those hard-to-reach cupboards. shawn hates this stool. the kids tend to drag it every where and get into every thing with it. but too bad for him!






9. the bathroom is just off the kitchen and i just love having a bathroom on the main floor. i have a couple of friends who live in townhomes a street over and there is no bathroom on the main floor. sucks for them.






10. i love our new bistro bar pub (take your pick of names) table. our dining room is carpeted (i don't recommend this) and so i try to keep the kids eating at this here table for easy clean-ups. and i love the little light above it. very fun.


so, there you have it. a peek into my kitchen and into my life. lucky you.

10 comments:

katie said...

# 4...i need some for my new counters. Maybe I should register somewhere for a kitchen warming party.
# 9...I enjoy that you have a bathroom so handy. However, I hate that once you sit on the toilet, you have a huge mirror in front of you. I need to practice peeing with my eyes closed.

Unknown said...

#4 - this almost made my list, love it and don't use anything but this after Tiff's favorite things party of years ago.

#6 - I've always wanted one of those

#8 - you have always loved stools! I remember the little 3-legged yellow one, so Liz!

Thanks for the peek into your new house. I loved it! So clean and well-decorated! But dining room? in your house? wow, you are fancy. I don't have that kind of luxury. Just tv trays or a card table that is usually folded up in the closet.

Anonymous said...

#4 Don't leave home without it. Dan doesn't get it. Oh well, that's why I do most of cleaning.

I love my pot rack too. Mine is a bit different. I'll have to post mine...soon I hope!

Anonymous said...

I love your kitchen! I love #1 so much, and #5 is fantastic, and #6 is to die for.

I love this post!

Jennica said...

I love your new house. Oh my gosh you decorate so cute. If I am ever in your town I really want to come and visit. I love this post. If FLYLADY were working for me I would totally do this post too, but I would have to clean before I could do it. :) Where do you guys get your "mrs. meyer's clean day countertop spray". I obviously really need some. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your cute kitchen.

Leeann said...

I love, love, love the hanging window.

michele said...

wow, i guess i'm out of the loop on cleaning products...cute house liz!

Unknown said...

I adore the window! You are so very clever.

And yes, please share--where do you purchase your Mrs. Meyers?

Anonymous said...

Your house is sooo cute. I've always loved your decorating style. you have to come to my house and help me sometime. I just stink at decorating. But you...you have a gift!

Annie said...

love the window as well i still have one old window form our home in midvale i'm stealing your idea i also want the heads up on where to get the cleaning product. your home is darling it is fun to see into your life.