Monday, October 08, 2007

a few random thoughts...

--it was 24 degrees this morning walking the kids to school.

--we are trying to get colorado rockies world series tickets. now i know they haven't even won the nlcs (national league championship series) but if they end up not going then we can get our money back. oh, i am so excited. i have never been to a world series. what if they play the yankees?

--on a sadder note, a good man died over the weekend. brother scott morgan passed away early saturday morning. he was very sick and has been for a while. he had the strongest, most real testimony of the savior and of repentance. and he wasn't afraid to share it. he had a beautiful singing voice. i loved singing the hymns because you could always hear him above everyone else and it was always so joyful. i am just sad. my prayers are with tami, his dear wife.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

if the Rockies play the Yankees in the World Series you and I will have a battle on our hands . . . hopefully you won't consider breaking up with me like you did Shawn when you realized he cheered for an opposing team more than a DECADE before you ever met!

katie said...

seriously, maybe I should start buying Rockies shirts and hats because I've secretly been a fan forever. Oh, and it's been my life-long dream to go tot he world series....but only so I can wear my Rockies gear. Go cubs.

Unknown said...

I'm so sad about Scott. I hadn't even heard he was sick. I might try to go to the funeral with Mary if I can get the time off, if I haven't already missed it.

On a lighter note, I have something funny to tell you, but I don't want to say it out in the open. Is there a link to your email address anywhere on this thing? I'm not very tech savvy, I'm afraid.

Annie said...

Katie, we should shop together. We secret Rockies fans can stand together!! Oh, the Yankees suck, and luckily they are OUT!!! Maybe next year for the Cubbies:(