Tuesday, October 09, 2007

non taken, i think

i started helping anna make a stupid bird's nest for her homework assignment. i couldn't figure it out. it bothered me that yesterday i saw a couple of the non-procrastinating parents' kids' nests and i don't think they were second grader made. i think they were bird made.

anyway, i told anna that maybe we should wait for shawn to get home so that he could help her build it.

"yeah," she said, "he is a lot better at this than you. no offense."

what? no offense? she told me she meant it in a nice way.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Sounds so much like Christian. He recently went through a phase (a few months at least) where he began MANY sentences with, "Not to be offensive, but..." And he pronounced it like "oh-fensive".

How kind of them to try to be so tactful.

Unknown said...

at least she meant it in a nice way and didn't just tell you that you are bad at it. I remember doing all my dumb elementary school projects by myself and they always looked bad. My second or third grade "float" for my South Carolina project comes to mind. I think I used my left over valentine's day box covered in pink tissue paper and plopped a lump of red clay on top that was supposed to be a cardinal (the state bird).
Anyway, I love the things that come out of Anna's mouth!

Anonymous said...

soo funny..bird made.
anna's so sweet to be worried about
how you will take it. Really thats thoughtful.

katie said...

Never knew Shawn was a professional bird nest maker. Doesn't surprise me though. Afterall, he is building a big hotel!

Leeann said...

eh...who cares...you gave the chore to shawn.