Wednesday, October 03, 2007

do the ipod shuffle

the rules: turn on your ipod. go to shuffle songs and name the first ten songs that come up. no cheating: skipping songs.

1. out of control,oingo boing this song is good to me
2. rusty old american dream, david wilcox this is from my roommates at suu...makes me happy
3. pinch me, bare naked ladies hum, just there. i like it i suppose
4. what i like about you, the romantics reminds me of my old high school friend mary. good times.
5. me and julio down by the schoolyard, simon and garfunkel this is from my second year at suu...the week that shawn and i broke up i listen to this over and over and just knew that everything would be just fine. weird. i know.
6. island in the sun, weezer weezer, not necessarily this song, reminds me of suu too. mostly of shawn. good times
7. wannabe, spice girls good dancing song and i love to dance and sing really loud to this song
8. papa loves mambo, perry como thanks to tiff. love it.
9. ring of fire, johnny cash mikey's favorite song
10. the sweet escape, gwen stefani my latest itunes purchase. again, great for dancing and singing.

there you have it. my deep dark secrets all revealed. now you do the ipod shuffle.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE it! "Me and Julio" always makes me think of you. . . next time you are in New York I am taking you karaoking!
Oh and today my 10 shuffle songs are:
1) Faithful, Me'Shell Ndegeocello
2) Bloody Oil, Medeski, Martin & Wood
3) Rival Walk and Discovery from the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack
4) More Than a Feeling, Boston (yes, I own it and I am proud!)
5) Hip Hug-Her, Booker T & The MG's
6) Cruda, funesta, Donizetti (from the opera Lucia di Lammermoor)
7) Watermelon Man, Herbie Hancock
8) Concierto De Ranjuez, Miles Davis
9) Life Wasted, Pearl Jam
10) People in the City, Air

I love this game!

Anonymous said...

I love this tag! I love the ones I know and I want to download the ones I don't--it will remind me of you!

I love #5!

AND--I'm so glad we share the love for #8. I can't help but smile listening to that song!

Anonymous said...

What ever happened to 'help me rhondA"? OK..I AM offended!

Leeann said...

numbers 7 and 10 are the only ones on here I know. I need to get out more.

mickey said...

Great list. I'll do it some day, I'm sure. Today I barely got to the marriage tag. Have a good day.

Annie said...

Really, I enjoy Mikey singing Ring of Fire. Maybe he should be Johnny Cash for Halloween. Maybe someone should buy me an ipod so I could do the shuffle.

katie said...

Annie keeps changing the settings on my computer. Stop it! That last comment was from me, Katie.

michele said...

i still had my ipod out from listing my first 10, so you get my second 10.
1)House in the Woods, Tom Petty
2)cause a rockslide, badly drawn boy
3)to the rescue, danny elfman (from the nightmare before christmas)
4)sunday morning coming down, johnny cash
5)freedom, blues traveller
6)say it aint so, weezer
7)angel, sarah mclachlan
8)rain king, counting crows
9)f-stop blues, jack johnson
10) spitting venom, modest mouse

i love this game too.

Anonymous said...

I need an iPod too. And some internet at my house so I can download lots and lots of songs. One day. Katie and I will continue to use our buly CD players...or nothing at all.

Anonymous said...

I love the Me and Julio down by the schoolyard song. The lyrics are a little R rated. But neverless most of the songs I like have a little somethin somethin in them. Cool music. I think we could take a long roadtrip together and I'd be just fine with your music...