Monday, January 14, 2008

2007: year in review for me

thought i would give it a try...

1. what did you do in 2007 that you have never done before?
well, i moved. not that i have never moved before, i have moved plenty. but i moved far away from family and friends and even acquaintances. to a state where i knew not even one single person! very big.

2. did you keep your new year's resolutions and will you make more for 2008?
i can't even remember if i made resolutions last year. i kind of doubt it but even if i did, i didn't accomplish them because i don't remember them. as for 2008, i am still debating what to do or even if i want to do anything.

3. did anyone close to you give birth in 2007?
my brother and his wife had little mason.

4. did anyone close to you die in 2007?
shawn's grandpa, bill burton, died december 27th. he was 93. he lived a long and healthy life.

5. what countries did you visit this past year?

um, none. pretty boring.

6. what would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
organization--in all areas, especially with time

7. what date will remain etched upon your memory and why?
july 15th...the day we moved.

8. what was your biggest struggle this year?
moving. homesickness...still is.

9. what was your biggest achievement this year?
moving. knowing that i can do it (mostly) on my own, with my own little family. it is a bit ironic that moving was both my biggest struggle and my biggest achievement.

10. did you suffer any illness or injury in 2007?
homesickness, vertigo, punctured right lung, hangnails, rls, plummer bum, enlarged prostate (okay, not that--i don't think i really even know what a prostate is but i do know that i don't have one, at least i think i don't)

11. what was the best thing you bought this year?
wii--for the family. me, my boots--i have worn them about everyday being out here.

12. whose behavior merited celebration?
definitely shawn. he has worked so hard this last year! and i am so proud of him for all his accomplishments.

13. whose behavior disappointed you?
definitely britney spears! can't stand what she is doing...but yet, i am so fascinated!

14. where did most of you money go?
RENT! and costco.

15. what did you get really excited about this year?
my new house...really i love it.losing some lubs.shawn's new job.

16. what song will remind you of 2007?
bon jovi "welcome to wherever you are"
kt tunstall "suddenly i see"
colbie calliat "bubbly"
hsm 2 soundtrack

17. compared to this time last year are you: much happier, much nicer, or richer?
maybe a little of each-

18. what do you wish you had done more of?
reading, sewing

19. what do you wish you had done less of?
tv watching...

20. did you fall in love this year?
of course...deeper...i couldn't ask for a more perfect husband for me! i love you shawn!

21. what was your favorite tb program in 2007?
the office
so you think you can
dancedancing with the stars
24 (although we watched in on dvd...almost every single season so far...we are currently watching the last one)

22. what was the best book you read this year?
i really enjoy "a thousand splendid suns" and i reread "secret life of bees" which i also really enjoy.

23. what was your greatest musical discovery this past year?
the cd that tiff put together for me...songs for a new adventure: happiness, hope, and a little heartache...perfect mix for this year. thanks tiff!

24. what did you want and get this year?
happy, well adjusted kids from the move.

25. what was the best movie you saw this year?
"little miss sunshine"

26. what did you do on your birthday and how are did you turn?
i turned 32. and this year, my birthday was a bit hard for me. not because of the age but because we had just moved and i was a bit lonely. i didn't really know anyone to have a party with...but this year will be different.

27. what would have made your year more satisfying?
this is hard...i had a great year and well, if i had to pick something, well i would make it accident free.

28. how would you describe your personal fashion statement this year?
i dropped two sizes.

29. what kept you sane this year?
a little faith, a little prayer, a little wellbutrin and prozac, a little sleep medicine, a little fresh air and exercise and a whole lot of junk food.

30. what celebrity did you fancy the most?



he is so hot! and you should see him in action!

31. who did you miss this past year?
ALL my family and friends...especially matthew for some strange reason.

32. who were the best new people you met this year?
i have a great new quilting and exercising friend here in eagle--she has been so great to me! plus, all the wives of the other layton construction workers here in colorado. i have made some great new friends.

33. tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year:
i am a lot stronger than i give myself credit for...not physically stronger but mentally and emotionally. as hard as it was to move, i am so glad we did because i now know what i am capable of--great learning and growing experience for me.

now it is your turn!

9 comments:

Ryan said...

Glad to see that I am not the only one who likes '24' in the family. It is kind of like crack-you keep needing more.

Tiffany said...

You have no idea how inspiring this is for me to read! I am anticipating everything you have already been through in the last year. I'm going to look up the CD mix I gave you and listen to it right now. I need a soundtrack.

And two sizes? Way to go!

katie said...

You need to call Mike and talk "24 talk" with him. I get shushed every time he watches it. I love your list. Matty misses you too. Annie and I have thought about coming in the next couple of weeks. Erin goes off track this friday. We'll see. However, if your vertigo is in full bloom I may not want to come. Please stay off of your step stools.

Mari said...

I think moving away would be very hard- you're pretty amazing! You are an inspiration to me in so many ways Liz. I haven't heard the punctured lung story...must post. Any tips on the two sizes?

Unknown said...

I loved your list. I am also very proud of your move and weight loss. Seriously, those are two major accomplishments! I started filling this meme out and it just depressed me for some reason, maybe I will try again.

Jenny said...

Thanks for sharing!! So fun to read.

Anonymous said...

Vertigo, I'm not surprised one little bit. Why can't I remember a punctured lung story??? This year we can plan to help you get more organized. It will be fun.

Anonymous said...

DO NOT let katie & ANnie in your house..they WILL throw everything away!! I've experienced it and it jurts! Mom

Jennica said...

Two sizes... oh my gosh. What in the world are you doing? That is SUPER GREAT! I am impressed. This was such a great list. Thank you for sharing.