Monday, January 07, 2008

i know christmas is over but...



here on display is my dad's old christmas village homes from 1955. my mom sent them to me this year and i LOVE them! (hgtv would be on me about all my cords--oh well).




the stockings were hung...i can't tell you how many times my kids pulled the stockings down, along with the stocking holder.



here is my tree that we chopped down and that toppled over a couple times...one time with just the lights on and the other time, ornaments and all. but it got fixed and that story is for another time.




my nesting santas that were my very first christmas decoration--kids, especially mikey, love these santas.




and here is my house all lit up--next year i want more lights! i wanted them on the top of the house but shawn wouldn't put them up in october before all the snow...next year!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

so fun! thanks for posting it, even if it is belated.
is this Christmas tree toppling over story as spicy as the one from when you were newlyweds. . .

katie said...

I'm pretty sure that I don't want to hear the spicy Christmas tree story that Alyssa knows. I'm glad to see dad's village. Memories. As for the tree....you really must explain to everyone that it was hammered into the wall. And for your lights....you mean you guys have to actually do something in your yard yourselves?

Jenny said...

I love your house, it is so darling. At least you got lights on your house. We didn't put one set of lights up outside this year. We were lucky to have the tree up.

Jennica said...

I love your house. I would love to come see it someday.

Mari said...

gorgeous...I'm jealous. I stink at decorating. Your house is so festive. I love it!

Raimi said...

Enjoyed seeing your cute house @ Christmas! Our tree fellover too! Thanks to our stinker of a three yr. old.

Raimi

natalie spratling said...

what a great house, it looks so festive, fun to see all your christmas decorations especially your dad's village FUN!

Anonymous said...

Looks great!