Tuesday, January 08, 2008



and here is the nail with my pretty ribbon garland that shawn used to nail the tree to the wall.



my garland is now three feet shorter.

BUT not only did shawn nail the tree to the wall, he nailed the tree stand to the floor. i discovered this yesterday as i tried to pick up the tree stand to move it outside.





if you look in the bottom left hand of the photo, on the green round part of the stand, you can see the shiny brass head of the nail.




there were three. pounded right through the carpet and into the floor.

needless to say, my tree did not fall down again!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, Shawn really does know how to fix everything. I am quite certain that nailing my tree to the floor would never have crossed my mind in a similar situation. Of course, Tiffany had to teach me the simplicity of using hooks as opposed to duct tape so I'm not the best at practical solutions.

Anonymous said...

Niiiiiiiiice. I think you should call him MacGuyver for the rest of the year.

katie said...

And he's building a resort-hotel? I'd be kind of worrried. Maybe I don't want to stay there.

Anonymous said...

as i was scrolling down, i was eagerly anticipating to learn where he used the bailing wire and duct tape. good job shawn!

Anonymous said...

It's nice to use those skills learned from getting a degree in construction managment.

Jenny said...

At least he uses his career skills at home. My dad was a plumber and our toilet was never working, our faucets were leaky, and not one project ever got finished. Way to go Shawn.