Wednesday, January 09, 2008

dinner anyone?

lots of elk everywhere. these elk, probably about 100, are hanging out at the local park not too far from my house (brush creek park--remember katie, annie?). it really is amazing.





great bum shot...



by the way, i had elk tortilla soup last night. our friends who got the elk last fall invite us over for dinner every so often and usually i don't eat the elk (elk burgers, elk stroganoff, elk steaks etc). but she made two pots of this soup--one with onions and one without onions, just for me. i won't eat onions but i will eat elk. huh. who'd of thunk.

plus, it was pretty tasty--the soup without the onions of course.

8 comments:

katie said...

Think I'll pass on anything elk. Ugh. Cool pictures though. The girls couldn't believe that they were at Anna's park.

Jenny said...

I am not a fan of deer meat at all. But, elk meat is pretty good. Last year one of Randy's friends shot a buffalo and gave us some of the roast. It was really really good.

Mari said...

nothing wrong w/a little game.
Great photo's!

Raimi said...

That is amazing! Fabulous photos! I will take the onions over the elk any day :).

Raimi

Unknown said...

yeah, I don't think I would be up for eating elk. I tried venison once and wasn't a fan.
But I love the photos!

natalie spratling said...

we may just have to move to colorado, great photos.

michele said...

wow liz, i'm impressed. elk meat huh?

Anonymous said...

HI Liz, I LOVED the photos of the elk! That was SO nice of your friend to make soup just for you. You should feel special! Amber