Monday, January 21, 2008

my answers

1. what's your favorite ice cream topping?
definitely hot fudge...thick and hot...yum. and i do like caramel as well.

2. what is your ideal time to write/blog?
usually in the morning when both kids are at school.

3. what was the most pleasant surprise about your move?
well, i think the most pleasant surprise was that i haven't gotten depressed yet. but i really enjoy being in the mountains. i am a lot more active these days--i even have gone snowshoeing! also, since there is really only about 5 places to eat here in town, i make dinner ALL the time...not always pleasant but the money savings is quite pleasant.

4. when your stay in colorado is over, where do you want to live?
NOT dubai (shawn has a crazy idea...) probably somewhere close to 90th south and 3rd west (where the office is...i am not too fond of this commute).

5. what are your tips to losing "2 sizes"?
move to a place that has only 5 joints to eat out at and thus having to cook your own meals which results in eating a lot less.

6. what is the funniest thing your dad has said or done to you?
probably the time when he mailed the hot dog to me. i was leaving to go back to school one sunday afternoon and thought i would put a hot dog on the grill for a quick snack. well, i forgot about the hot dog. when my dad (actually probably my mom) went to put some meat on the grill a few days later, he found my more that blackened hot dog on the grill and no gas in the grill. i received a tubular package in the mail and was so embarrassed.
dad also used to leave messages for my roommates...heavy breathing, nerdy voices, etc. very embarrassing to a college gal.

7. name your favorite childhood memories.
*i really loved going out on the lawn on a warm summer night with katie and annie. we would spread out our blankets (each had her own) and we would roll ourselves into them from the waist down. and we would play mermaids.

*saturday morning trips to taco bell and then albertsons with my mom and sisters. one time we saw a mouse in taco bell.

8. leno or letterman? why?
um, probably letterman? but really i haven't watched either for a while because i fall asleep so dang early because i have to get up so dang early to get the kids to school.

9. do democrats usually drink pepsi and republicans coke? why?
um, i don't think shawn is a democrat. and he drinks pepsi. but i drink coke and pepsi and i consider myself undecided...so maybe? maybe shawn is a closet democrat...but i really don't think so.

10. if you had a day to yourself, what would you do?
i would sleep in for sure then i would get a pedicure, go to a movie and eat buttered movie theater popcorn, eat at a good restaurant, watch some tv, eat some more and probably eat some more again. oreos and milk sound really good right now.

11. what is the best thing about living 500+ miles away from family? worst?
i don't feel too guilty about not going and seeing my grandmas.
worst: sunday afternoons and evenings at my mom and dad's. i really miss that a lot.

well, thanks for participating. it has been fun for me, hope it's been fun for you!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I really loved reading this. We should do reader requests more often!

(I'm also hoping to live far enough away from restaurants that I'll have to cook.)

natalie spratling said...

love your comments. sundays are the hardest for me too.

Unknown said...

shoot!! I missed the question window . . . I loved the hot dog story, I can't remember if I had heard that before.

Mari said...

is 90th/3rd west in Utah? :) I should know.

Your dad is so funny, why doesn't he blog? Does he still love Opera?

Great post!

Jennica said...

I love this getting to know you better. What a fun post.