Thursday, July 31, 2008

mt. evans, my only 14er...

here we are at the top of mt. evans. we went on july 26th when my parents were in town. it is simply beautiful. although i wish it had been a clear day.



a view of a bunch of other 14ers around.


these little baby mountain goats sure captured mikey's attention.


another view.


the line on the mountain is the road...creepy!


the sign (obviously): america's highest auto road.


a yellow-bellied marmot:


a little lake part way up:


if you click up close, you can see my dad driving up the mountain:


shawn & mikey at the summit (only he and shawn climbed up to the top):


8 comments:

Unknown said...

do you have any idea how much I am yearning to be outdoors, away from concrete and people and buildings and people and humidity and people? Especially pushy euros who pretend dollars are play money? This photos are making me itch to get out of my office, away from computers, phones, heels and concrete . . . and people and take on a 14er. So jealous.
Thanks for letting me rant. Only 5 days before I leave for the wilderness.

katie said...

Pretty sure that drive would scare me. Not as bad as Ryan riding down the Portneuf though. The pictures are awesome!

Annie said...

impressive! i swear you all are never coming back to utah!!!

Jenny said...

Who gets to hike next to a baby mountian goat!!!! So beautiful.

natalie spratling said...

It is beautiful! We love the mountains, we need to come and see the beauties around you.

Mari said...

gorgeous pictures! you guys are such a cute family.

Jeanna said...

Awesome pictures! When we went through colorado we missed out. We miss you but I'm so glad you're happy there. Makes me want to move just to see what else is out there.

Really Wild West Mama said...

Oh how wonderful to go into the MOUNTAINS!! I could LIVE in the mountains if it weren't so far away from my family.

Lucky you!