Sunday, November 04, 2007

#34 from tiffany

ten things that get on my nerves:

1. people who start writing their checks AFTER the whole order is rung up...come on, people, get with it.

2. people who think they can drive through a cross walk even when mr. mick, the crossing guard, is in the middle of it waving his flashing stop sign.

3. people who have conversations with other people while talking to you on the phone...argh.

4. to go along with number 3, call waiting. i hate it. call me back please but don't put me on hold.

5. mean kindergarten teachers

6. cold french fries

7. tardiness

8. flakiness

9. liars

10. more than one gallon of milk being open at a time in my refrigerator (a common occurrence in this household).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who writes checks anymore anyway??? And amen, talk to ME when you are on the phone talking to ME!

Anonymous said...

i thin we are related!! all of those you listed would be on MY list as well. I hate tardiness OR i hate to be tardy..or late..i hate it when you pull your checkbook out AFTER you have been rung up..YEP, we ARE related..thansk for listing My list too! hope you had fun in Denver. Mom

katie said...

I think maybe you should volunteer to watch Mikey's teacher's dog. Maybe then she'd be nicer to you.

Leeann said...

I'm with you on #10! I cannot stand two of ANYTHING to be open at one time, in my house!

Unknown said...

checks? I'm sorry, what is a check? and who uses them? annoying, yes. And flakiness is probably at the very top of my list - it is so demeaning of others.

Anonymous said...

I hate flakiness too. Well, maybe I don't. I guess it's okay. No, definitely, I don't like it at all.

Anonymous said...

I hate call waiting too. I get so mad when I get put on hold. It's so rude. great list.

Anonymous said...

In reference to #1, I tried to make the world a little better when I worked at Costco. I'd always ask right up front how they were planning to pay; if by debit or credit card, I'd have them swipe it; if by check or cash, this would prompt them to get ready. I'd even offer them a pen if they didn't start writing soon enough.

Not that it does anyone in the world any good now, for a few brief years I saved a couple thousand people a few seconds each. That's something to be proud of.