Thursday, November 15, 2007

anna's orginal writings

shawn was at scouts last night. i put the kids to bed. i told anna she could do whatever she wanted in her bed while i mikey settled down. this is some of what she did--very creative for a second grader.


ANNA
Anna is my name.
Nintendo wii is my favorite game.
Never like to turn out the light.
Always like to stay up all night.


MIKEY
Monster trucks and race cars!
Ice cream and candy bars!
Kicking soccer balls
Eating spaghetti and meatballs.
Yelling at my sister. (this is my favorite line--)


DAD
Driving my truck on bumpy roads
Ate all the donuts
Did somebody say donuts?


LIZ
Loveliest one around
In my mind all day
Zipping around all the way.

i am not sure why she used my first name rather than mom when she used dad instead of shawn--mrs. psychologist's wife, any suggestions?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

she is so clever!
and did the lines "loveliest one around/in my mind all day" melt your heart? so sweet!

katie said...

I love it! Could Anna please write a nice poem about me? Keep those!

Jennica said...

What a sweet heart. I love the poems.

Leeann said...

Wow! Very impressive for a 2nd grader! I love her thoughts on DAD. :)

mickey said...

those were great! she's got great talent and great people to write about.

michele said...

did somebody say donuts? i love it! great poems.

Unknown said...

Maybe she doesn't know how to spell Shawn. Or is is Sean? See what I mean?

Anonymous said...

That child amazes me! How amazing and precious!

And if I had to guess why she wrote your name instead "mom," I'd say it has something to do with beegeega.

So, so cute!

Anonymous said...

Love it! She gets her creativity from YOU!